Tuesday, July 26, 2011
1 package of crescent rolls
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
8 oz shredded mexican style cheese blend
1 (14 oz) bag tortilla chips, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Lay crescent roll dough flat on bottom of 13x9 cake pan and bake according to package directions
3. Meanwhile brown the ground beef in large skillet, add the taco seasoning and stir together well. When dough is done, remove from oven and place meat mixture on top, then layer with sour cream and cheese, then top off with the crushed nacho chips.
4. Return to oven and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
YUM!!!!! I know my reviews all are starting to sound the same, but really, what else I can I say? The food tastes great, it was good the next night as leftover, both kids ate it, husband devoured his.... seriously, that's how you know if it's a good recipe or not!
Calories: can't we just skip this one? 687 :(
After reading this nutritional info will any of you even try it? :-)
: recipe recommends using your taco toppings with this as well, lettuce, tomato.... just sprinkle on top...
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
2 packages of Jumbalaya mix
2 packages of Kielbasa (sausage)
1. follow the instructions on the boxes..... this is as easy as it gets people! :-)
However.... I made an error when I grabbed my 2 boxes of mix..... and I'm gonna recommend this way to all my readers!
1 package of Jumbalaya mix
1 package of red beans & rice mix
(these are right next to each other on the shelf)
Even my kids liked it! Makes for great leftovers as well..... the way that I made this (doubled recipe) gave us dinner for like 3 or 4 nights.... I'm a night nurse so I try and make a large meal the night I go into work so that the boys will have things to eat for the next day or two!
Friday, July 15, 2011
A couple of weeks ago we loaded up along with my sister and her kids, my other sister & my mom, and headed to St Louis, MO. We headed out of town around 5 am and by 10:30 am we were walking into the City Museum!
If you are near the St Louis area you should definitely check this place out, the kids had a blast! We could have spent hours in there! My only recommendation, wear knee pads! lol No, I'd say at least wear jeans and tennis shoes. I wore shorts and flip flops, big mistake! Along with the museum there is an aquarium.... it wasn't quite what we were expecting but it was still fun none the less.
it's a good way to wear people out! :-)
After the museum we headed to the Gateway Arch, it was nice to see the arch but really exciting seeing all of the flooding down there!
we finished our night off with a dip in the pool, then woke up early the next day and headed to the zoo! We had a great day for the zoo, 82 was the high, we had an occasional breeze.... only problem was the zoo was packed! Apparently Kevin James was there and they were having the premiere of Zookeeper! Unfortunately we didn't get to see Kevin James, but we saw lots of fun animals and had a great time!
Hope you enjoyed the million pictures! We had a blast and will definitely go back again, there is so much to do in St Louis that we didn't even have a chance to see it all!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Cheeseburger Crescent Bake
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c dill pickle relish
1 1/2 c shredded american cheese (I used cheddar cheese)
1 can Crescent Rolls
1. In 10-inch skillet, mix beef and ketchup. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally; stir in relish and 1 c of cheese. Stir into ungreased 9 or 10 inch glass pie plate.
2. Separate dough into 8 triangles; roll up 1 inch on shortest end. Place dough ontop of meat mixture in spoke pattern. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c of cheese
3. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
Another hit! Family loved it, it made a great leftover! Made this with some Spanish rice, very good!
Friday, July 8, 2011
Remember that 80's party that I told you Sage and I went to ages ago? Well I'm finally getting around to loading some pictures! We had a great time, good food, good drinks, great music, a lake, boat, games, pool.... what more can you ask for? Here's a few pictures!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Tator Tot Casserole
1 lb ground pork sausage
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 c milk
2 lbs tator tots
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place sausage in deep skillet, brown, then spread over 9x13 baking dish.
3. Spread cheese over sausage
4. In large bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Pour over cheese. Top with tator tots.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes. Cool for 5-10 before serving.
Very good. Made a good leftover as well. Would be great for a breakfast, but we used ours for dinner with corn. The kids loved it!