Tuesday, January 12, 2010

sorta here

I took a break from blogging (is a week actually considered a break?) I just mentally needed to shut down for a little bit. Do you ever feel like life is going so fast that you're missing everything? My oldest son will be 6 in just 2 days. That's so hard for me to grasp! My baby is already 15 months old, he can run, throw balls, eat big people foods, be ornery as hell.... I feel like we got to this point and maybe I didn't take advantage of the time!

Today I went and had surgery to remove a lymph node. It's been sent to pathology and I should have some type of results in 10 days. I imagine this will be the longest 10 days. So I'm feeling slightly nauseated tonight, and having some pain at the surgical site. Thankfully I have some Darvocet so I'm just waiting for it to kick in so I can sleep another few hours.

~sigh~ I'm ready to get out of this slum that I'm in. School gets started again on the 19th, I'm ready for a routine again. I know that being a stay at home mom is an actual job but somehow I'm left feeling like I have no purpose. I'm ready to get back out in the work force and have my own income. I want to take my kids shopping just because I can, I'd like to just go buy candles because I want to. At this point I just need to feel like I'm contributing.

Blah

6 comments:

Kayla said...

I hope things start looking up for you! They will get better, sometimes it just feels like they won't!

Unknown said...

Nonsense - being a mom is the hardest gig out there!

Anonymous said...

I will be having good thought for you over the next 10 days! hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, things will get better!

beany02 said...

you're contributing in the most important way possible- bringing two lives into the world and making sure they grow up healthy and happy! but i know you are excited to get into nursing, im sure you will be great at it!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I agree with beany02 to start with. And then you just need to let go of everything you can't control. I know easier said than done. Just hang in there, smile and laugh! You'll come out the other side!