Tuesday, November 15, 2011

3rd annual Turkey Dinner

Is taking place this Saturday!  Guess that means I should go get a turkey huh? I've been waiting for Walmart or Dillons to put theirs on sale but it seems this year no one is having the turkey sale! Can you believe that? What is this world coming to?  :(


One friend is bringing mashed potatoes, another is bringing green bean casserole.  So I handle the rest.  What are you favorite holiday dishes?  Here's what's on my menu, but I'm not opposed to changing things up a little so don't be afraid to give me some ideas!


The obvious - Tom the Turkey
stuffing
gravy
rolls
pies - but what kind should I make? pumpkin - yes - but I'd like multiple desserts this time




should I make a fruit salad?
do people really like sweet potato casserole?


Let your ideas flow! :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I made a Black Forest Brownie Pecan Pie last year and it was a huge hit! Recipe on my blog here: http://itsnotalwaysblackandwhite.blogspot.com/2010/11/black-forest-brownie-pecan-pie.html

Also, we always have candied sweet potatoes at Mike's grandma's house. I love them more than anything else on Thanksgiving! I really need to get her recipe!

I posted a bunch of free printables for kids. You should print them out for the kids' table! Also, the Disney site I linked to in my post has a TON of recipe ideas, as well as other table decor printables (name tags, napkin rings, etc.)

Have fun! Happy Thanksgiving :o)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I make a whipped sweet potato casserole that's pretty darn good! I also make a mean jello/cranberry salad that has even won over cranberry haters!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

I always love broccoli casserole. I could do without the sweet potatoes personally, but have to make them for others. We have dressing here in the south, not stuffing. Ha! I make a cranberry/walnut pie every year for my husband. He loves it! But we always have pecan and pumpkin, too (my dad makes those 2!). Enjoy your dinner!