Friday, January 20, 2012

our little bean

Yesterday we had our sonogram to see how the baby is doing, I'm 19 weeks pregnant now.  We managed to stick to our guns and NOT find out the baby's gender!  Man that was one of the toughest choices I've made and it's gonna be a really long 5 months waiting to find out what we're having!  We're pretty excited about this new addition.  If this is a boy we are 100% sure on the name choice.  As we talked about our girl name last night it turns out we are back up for options! lol  We have this amazing guest bedroom, it has 2 closets and a fantastic window and really high ceilings.  When we moved into this house our oldest son asked to have that room, and me being the "amazing" mom that I am told him no.  My reasoning: it would be a perfect room for a daughter! Sad isn't it?  So we decided that if this baby is a boy we're giving that guest room to Logan and we'll turn Logan's old room into the new baby's nursery.  One of the toughest things about this pregnancy, no nursery to get ready, no shopping to do.  It's kinda sad!  Just gotta keep enjoying the little kicks this baby is blessing with me and focus on baby names.... hopefully time goes fast cause I can't wait to meet this angel! :)

'

6 comments:

Shannon said...

:o) I don't know how you can hold out not knowing?! It would drive me crazy! Cute pics :o)

Anonymous said...

You are so strong to hold out! I would be freaking out needing to know right away! I do think its pretty awesome that the day you deliver will just be one huge surprise!!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I always said I didn't want to know, but when I was actually pregnant I caved big time! Good for you for waiting!

Chelsi said...

Aww I missed that you are pregnant! CONGRATS!!! My Mom and I were just talking the other day about my cousin and how she found out the sex of her baby and had named him before he was born (and everyone knew what it was going to be) so when he was born it was still exciting but there was something missing in the excitment of "what'd she have!" "what's his name!" my Mom said that not knowing is one of the great suprises in life, it fills us with wonder and excitment... not just the parents but everyone around them. I think it is great that you are waiting.

Kristen said...

Chelsi thanks for the sweet comment! We are catching a lot of pressure from friends and family to find out so this was really hard to stick to our guns!

Lucky in Love said...

Yeah! Glad everything's going well!