Thursday, March 29, 2012

it's been 2 weeks

so why not write another post.....

life seems to be the same, day after day.  Sleep, eat, play with kids, sleep, eat, moan about being uncomfortable, bitch about not loving my doctors, sleep, eat...

Remember a couple of weeks ago I told you that I had gestational diabetes.  So I've started that journey.  Luckily I haven't changed my diet too much and my sugars are staying within range, for the most part.  I do miss ice cream, and I miss Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs.  The things we do for our children! ;-)

I met with my perinatologist this week.  That was a pointless visit.  I met with the nurse for about an hour, she told me everything that I could expect.  Then the doctor came in, for less than a minute, and everything was different.  Less time consuming though so I guess that's okay.

I am definitely having a c-section, though the date has changed a couple of times. Should either be May 31st or June 6th.  However with new requirements, if I have it on May 31st they'll have to do an amnio first, I'm thinking the June date sounds just fine to me! lol

So that's enough about baby stuff.....

Kids are both doing good, Riley has been attacked with a serious case of allergies.  Poor kid.  We went to a new pediatrician today, who I LOVED, and we're starting on Benadryl for now.  She wanted to try some simple allergy testing on him but I opted to save that for another visit.  No reason to freak him out on his first visit to this lady!

Logan is doing good though getting quite the 8yr old attitude.  I guess we were doomed for this to hit us at some point, for the most part he's been a pretty good kid.  I think he's getting worn out with all of these activities and would just rather play.  Here's his week: Sunday and Monday = baseball, Tuesday = to his dad's house, Wednesday = soccer, Thursday = baseball, Friday = free day, Saturday = soccer.  Wow..... incase you didn't guess it on your own, we're pretty exhausted with his activities as well!

We finished our downstairs bathroom, next week our new hardwood floors will hopefully get in and we'll be replacing a lot of downstairs floors.  Me is one happy lady!  I'm excited to be able to share some pictures with you!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I need some of that pregnancy nesting over at my place ;o)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!!