Thursday, May 3, 2012

baby shower preview

So seriously, this was difficult for me to figure out how to post on this new blogger! YIKES!  Why do things have to change? What happened to, "if ain't broke, don't fix it?"  Oh well....

Back to baby shower.  My bestie and my sister got together and threw the hubby and I a baby shower.  It was SO much fun!  We invited our family and friends, ate delicious food and desserts.  I think some of the boys were a little nervous about going to a baby shower, but once they saw there was some beer they got over that real quick! lol

Since we don't know what gender our baby is the shower was focused on necessities, oh, and pampering ME!  Can't go wrong there! :-)  We got loads of diapers, wipes, some bottles, pacifiers, bibs, some gender neutral blankets..... it was a wonderful time! Oh, and I got lots of gift cards to get my toes done, some spa cards, and perfume.  

Color/theme wise, we are painting the walls a sage green, I plan on putting a tree mural on the wall with some owls..... I can't wait to get started on it! I only have 5 weeks left though so we better get on the ball!

Here are some pics from the shower....

isn't this an adorable invitation?!  Love it!


I promise you now, if this baby is a girl there will be TONS of bows!

my sister made these cake pops, super cute!

One of my oldest friends, Jen, and I.... I'm 33 weeks here and she is 37

the mom of one of the girl's that I work with made this quilt for Baby D, isn't that too nice?!


So that's what I've got for pictures until more get sent to me.  We had a great time and it was such a fun time hanging out with friends and celebrating the new little life we'll soon be meeting!  
A huge thank you to Abbie and Emily!  

No comments: