Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Tuna & Pasta Salad

3 c rotelle pasta (the little wheels)
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 (12oz) can of tuna, drained and flaked
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 c chopped celery
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/2 c roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 (8oz) can lima beans, drained
3/4 c mayo
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp paprika
salt to taste

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, drain and cool.

2. In a large bowl, combine pasta, eggs, tuna, cheddar cheese, celery, onion, roasted red pepper, and lima beans.  Whisk together mayo, lemon juice, and paprika.  Season with salt.  Pour dressing over pasta mixture and mix together.

***I neglected to buy the red pepper so instead I used 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper just to add flavor.  Also I didn't have a lemon so I used 1 tsp of lemon juice


Nutritional Info:
Servings: 8
Calories per serving: 314
Total Fat: 13.9g
Cholesterol: 109mg
Sodium: 468mg
Total Carbs: 27.4g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Protein: 20.5g

Review:
Husband and kid approved!  Makes for good leftovers as well.  The only thing I noticed was the next day it was a little dry, I just made 1/2 of the dressing listed above and mixed it up again.  I also used 4 c of noodles instead of 3 so that could explain why it seemed dry the next day. But it's delicious!
ENJOY!

No comments: