Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

**warning - this may become a new family favorite!**

Toasted Ravioli

2 tbsp whole milk
1 egg
3/4 c italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/2  (25oz) package frozen cheese ravioli, thawed (I used the whole package)
3 c vegetable oil for frying
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 (16oz) jar spaghetti sauce

1. Combine the milk and egg in a small bowl. Place breadcrumbs and if desired, salt in a shallow bowl.  Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.

2. In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling.  Reduce the heat to simmer.

3. In a large heavy pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches.  Heat oil over medium heat until a small amount of breading sizzles and turns brown.  Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden.  Drain on paper towels.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately with hot marinara sauce.

Nutritional Info:
Servings: 6
Calories: 377
Total Fat: 19.3g
Cholesterol: 61mg
Sodium: 888mg
Total Carbs 39.5g
Dietary Fiber: 4.3g
Protein: 11.6g

Review:
Even RILEY liked it!  That's all I need to say right?  It was fantastic!  You MUST try it!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love toasted ravioli also! I would make it all the time if my body would allow it :) this looks great and makes me want some now!!

Llama said...

Ohhhhh yum! Haven't had those in so long!

Emily said...

Sister! I just made your Pasta and Asparagus recipe last night! Yum! This recipe looks even tastier... I guess I'll be adding it to the menu!

Liz said...

I'm making this tonight! :)