Friday, March 11, 2011

Kaleidoscope

this week I joined Logan for his 1st grade field trip, it was fun but man I had a headache afterwards! That was a lot of kids and I realized how much I do NOT enjoy buses!  Honestly I think about starting a petition to make it a law to have seat belts on buses. 

On the way home from the event we got delayed by about 20 minutes because one of the buses wouldn't start...
then once we're on the highway we had to pull over because one of the kids kept messing with the emergency window handle so the alarm kept going off...
ok, we got that taken care of, on the road again...
until the door flew open...
once again on the side of the road...
back on the highway, moving van pulls out infront of us, driver slams on breaks, few kids slide to the floor...
once again, I'm reminded of my petition...

We get back to the school, Logan is sad with me because I'm not staying to eat lunch with him.  I know, I suck, but really I had to help some family members with things so it just wasn't a good time.  I walk to the car, and n.o.t.h.i.n.g.  won't start.  Husband comes, we finally get it jump started - after we looked super cool trying to push it out of the parking spot -
we get to the part store, retarded husband shuts the car off, seriously? who would have done that?
Battery is fine, alternator fine, it appears to be the starter itself.  
ok, we pay for the part... stupid car won't restart... we charge it for 30 minutes, stupid junker still won't start!  
So, we have the new piece, but the car is hanging out at the part store until later this weekend so hubs can get over there and fix it. 
Jeez!

HOWEVER!

The field trip was super fun, check out some pics!
(sorry for the poor quality, I used my phone)
Each station was a place for the kids to do amazing crafts, the kids loved it!



I worked at the station where we helped the kids be creative with hats, the parents had to make their hats first, so this was what I came up with.  The back of it is my veil... beautiful right?!   :-)




No comments: