Friday, April 10, 2009

chow time

Made an interesting dinner last night... it was good, but I think I'll stick with regular tacos next time!

Mini Taco Bowls

8 flour tortillas (I'll recommend small)
1lb ground beef
1c thick n chunky salsa
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 c chopped lettuce
1 c chopped tomatoes
1/4 c ranch dressing (I opted for sour cream)

HEAT oven to 350. Microwave tortillas on high 30 sec. Press 1 tortilla into each of eight 2-1/2 inch muffin cups. Carefully fold back edges of tortillas, leaving opening in center of each for filling. Bake 10 min.

MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in salsa; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 min. Spoon into tortilla bowls; top with remaining ingredients.





Also, in response to my previous blog about my son's CRP level. CRP is a blood test that sounds pretty confusing to me. All it really does is let you know that there is inflammation somewhere. It gives no specific answers!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

yikes...looks like a lot of work!