Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Ham Broccoli Braid

2 c cooked ham, chopped
1 c chopped fresh broccoli
1 small onion, chopped
1 TBSP dried parsley
3/4 TBSP yellow mustard
1/4 TBSP dijon mustard
4 oz sour cream
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 (8oz) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Sautee onion & broccoli 
(I would have steamed the broccoli instead of sautee, it was still a little crunchier than I prefer...but if you did it just like this it's still delicious!)


3. In a large bowl, combine ham, broccoli, onion, parsley, mustard, sour cream, and cheese. Stir well.


4. Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet.  Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough.  Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides.  There should be be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side.  Spread the filling along the center strip.  Fold the side strips over filling, alternating strips from each side.  Pinch or twist to seal.


5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until deep golden brown


Servings: 9
Calories per serving: 348
Total fat: 21.3g
Cholesterol: 33mg
Sodium: 898mg
Total Carbs: 22.8g
Dietary fiber: 0.4g
Protein: 14.4g

The Review:
Sweet goodness!  This was a fantastic meal!  A little hard to figure out what to do with the dough but I made it work and just made two braids instead of one.  Plenty of leftovers so that's a plus!  My 7 year old LOVE this meal, my 2 year old, not so much.  BUT, it has green in it and he refuses to eat green.  Technically his opinion doesn't count! :)


The only thing I would change, maybe steam the broccoli instead of sautee it.  Oh, and once I had it ready to go in the oven I sprayed the top and sprinkled Season All on top.... perfect!


Oh, and regarding leftovers, the hubby enjoyed it, the kids enjoyed it, I however thought the bread was a little soggy for my taste!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks great! I may have to try this one :o)

Annie said...

YUM-E!!! this looks so good!! thanks for sharing! i love ham recipes :)

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

Purrrty! I like it! Re: the soggines, could you possibly toaster oven to reheat? Maybe that would make it crisper.

Shannon said...

BTW, I added this to the menu for J's Rapunzel birthday party... A braid? PERFECT! Thanks :o)