Monday, August 17, 2009

a new day

well my last post wasn't so much on the positive side, but in my defense I was dealing with a lot of stress! Mid-July we got a new tenant for our rental house. After 3 weeks of being in the house she called me with some wild story for why she would no longer be able to come up with rent and was going to need to move out. I'm a nice person so if someone wants needs to break contract then I'll allow that, however you will not get any money back from me. No problem, tenant understood that. I even gave her a week free rent to get her stuff out (she's a single mom). She reassured me that she was giving the house a deep cleaning. So we put the house up for rent again and started receiving phone calls.... I felt confident that we should have been able to show the house, no problem, seeing as she'd only been in the house for 3 weeks and gave it a "deep cleaning". We walk into the house with prospective renters..... we're talking severe humiliation. The house was TRASHED! She had kittens in the house and was allowing them to shit poop and piss pee all over the house (carpet!!!!). She left her junk in the house, a freezer/fridge full of food, and she stole my washer & dryer!!!!! Needless to say we did not rent the house that day however they were kind enough to say call them when we got it cleaned up and they might still be interested. I'm sure they were just trying to make us feel better. So I haven't called the cops, I'm not sure what good it would do? I did some research on her and learned that she's a drug addict, makes me think she's probably got nothing so chasing after her may do us no good. I'm at a loss.... So yesterday I was at the house, it took me an HOUR to vacuum! This house only has about 750 sqft of carpet! Then I had a company come by and they worked amazing magic in that house and got EVERY stain out of the carpet! I only had to pay $100 for that, I was amazed & oh so thankful! Tonight we bought some paint so tomorrow I'll be working on getting the house re-painted. Hopefully we can get new tenants in by September.

On a happier note, today was my kiddo's first day of kindergarten! He was so brave, I was so proud of him! I managed to keep it together today, though last night I bawled shed a few tears. Check out this big kid! He's pretty much 18!

oh, and this is what our weather looked like this morning, you can imagine how fun it was to walk into school with me, the baby, dad, and Logan all huddled up under the smallest umbrella EVER!

My little brother has his first day tomorrow of his senior year in high school. I've mentioned before (here) about his best friend getting diagnosed with cancer. He started his chemo treatment about a month ago and has already began losing his hair. Last week his dad shaved his head for him. Today I ended up shaving 3 boys' hair. They decided that to stand by their friend (is that the way to describe it?) they would also shave their heads. I wish I would have thought to take a before picture but of course I didn't. One of my worst habits is forgetting to take before pictures!!!!

look at all of this hair!

Saturday night we had a BBQ at our house, great time! I'll try and blog about that tomorrow, and also include a picture of my attempt at Taryn's beer-butt chicken!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I'm not sure how you didn't call that lady back and explain how disappointed you were with the place and the fact after how nice you were, she stole from you. I guess you are right though, it probably wouldn't have done much good! She probably wouldn't have picked up anyway. You are strong person for that.

Second, your little boy is adorable! yay for first days of school!

Lucky in Love said...

What a sweet thing those boys did in standing by their friend during this tough time! So cool.

And I can't believe that rental situation happened to you! That sucks! My boss had a similar situation happen to him...he took them to court...but didn't really get anything. Lame. I guess it's just the risk of renting...but it totally sucks! I can't believe some people would be that way.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Logan, its amazing how fast they grow!
I love what your brother & friends did, so sweet.