Monday, May 17, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Texas Ranch Chicken

2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken parts (I used 4 chicken breasts)
1 1/2 cups ranch-styled salad dressing
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 1c mozz and 1c cheddar)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spread the olive oil in a 9x13 casserole dish (I just sprayed olive oil in it)

2. Arrange chicken in the dish, and cover with the dressing. (first I seasoned the chicken with garlic & onion salt) It's best to place chicken pieces close together so that the cheese and the dressing do not burn on the bottom of the pan. 

3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese, and return to oven.  (I also sprinkled with italian flavored breadcrumbs)  Continue baking for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Nutritional Information:
Servings: 6
Calories: 543
Total Fat: 45.8g
Cholesterol: 103mg
Sodium: 863mg
Total Carbs: 3.5g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
Protein: 27.6g

Review:
Pay attention when cooking this else it will look like mine, brown and crispy on top!  Even with that, the topping was the kids favorite part.  It looked delicious but I was waiting for one other part of the dinner to finish cooking so I left it in the oven on warm, except I forgot to put it on warm and left it at 350!  Oh well, chicken was still delicious!  I didn't use the entire 2 cups of ranch cause lets face it, that's a TON!  I just used what I thought looked appropriate.  When you pull this out of the oven there is a lot of grease in the dish!  Ignore that and it tastes fantastic!!!!  There were no leftovers of this meal at my house!


No comments: