Monday, November 22, 2010

Mock Thanksgiving

This past Saturday was our 2nd annual Mock Thanksgiving...
mmm...mmm...GOOD!
My closest friends came with their men, we all baked, 
and we all drank a little 
it's possible that I maybe drank a lot of wine... only possible though
Tom was a huge success....


this year I tried a new type of rolls.  
normally I'll stick to the typical crescent rolls
this year I tried Rhodes frozen rolls... ever done this?
you take them out frozen, let them sit in a pan or dish or whatever and it'll take 3-5hrs for them to rise... 
and then you bake - easy right?
the person who told me about these rolls said it took hers 7 hours to rise.
well I wanted to make sure they had plenty of time to rise so I gave them a good 7 hours...
about 4 hours TOO long!
here they are looking freakishly alive!
I finally had to take it to my sister's and use her oven just to put an end to the madness!

 and here's the final outcome.... I had to trim a lot off of the edges! lol

here's the loot of what I baked.... it was all so good.
I normally don't like pumpkin pie but I decided to make one anyway, I googled away and decided on a Paula Dean recipe.... holy mother it was soooo good!  Let me know if you want the recipe!
oh, and that sweet potato casserole was delicious as well!


4 comments:

Annie said...

looks like everything turned out perfect!! :)
the turkey looks SO YUMMY!!!
hope you and the family have a wonderful thanksgiving hun!!

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

I'm totally coming to Kansas for the holidays next year. I love your exploded rolls, they looked so good!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Neat idea. Yes, I've made those rolls. That is so funny how much they rose! I'm getting ready to make a pumpkin pie now.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Looks yummy. I've never tried the Rhodes rolls, but that's crazy how long it took. And, can you believe i've never had sweet potato casserole?