Here's how it all happened:
Mr Riley was scheduled to have his tubes put in today (Monday). On Friday the kiddo woke up running 103 temperatures. I tried to get ahold of the 2 doctors that we are using (pediatrician & ENT) but no one got back with me. My last option was to take the kiddo to the ER that evening in hopes of getting more antibiotics (I just assumed that his ears were still infected).
So, now we're in the ER. We had no wait which was very nice. Poor baby was feeling miserable, doctor looked in his ears.... perfect. Seriously? Perfect? Must be a mistake... so he checks again... yup, perfect.
Off we go for chest x-rays, flu swab, and blood work... what a nightmare having to hold your 14 month old baby down for these tests.
Chest x-ray: pneumonia, both lungs
Really? We just got him over pneumonia a month ago! This time it was more serious so poor baby boy got admitted. Luckily we only had to stay until the next afternoon but that night in the hospital was one of the longest nights in my life. It took the nurses 4 tries to get a good i.v. in him, I felt like I was holding my baby down so people could torture him. The screaming and crying.... absolutely horrible. I pray to never have to do that again.
Today we get some final blood work results, Surgery is canceled and will hopefully be rescheduled for Thursday. Tuesday brings another trip to the doctors office for repeat lab work. Poor baby... wish us luck to make it through this next week.
finally feeling a little better!