Monday, March 30, 2009

my imagination is rolling

So my imagination has taken off recently. My husband and I own a 2nd home. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, approx 900 sqft house. Currently it's being used as a rental, but that is sorta a pain in the butt and I'm not sure that I want to stay in the landlord business. The house is in great condition, bathroom and kitchen remodeled, it has a closed front porch, and a fenced in back yard. Now the yard isn't perfect because it has a pretty steep hill, but once you get down the hill it flattens out. Anyway, I'm rambling... to the point! Soooo..... I've seriously been considering opening a daycare. The house seems perfect for that. Both bedrooms are good sized, so there could be a toddler room and an infant room (for napping purposes). The kitchen is good sized so there could be a table for the kiddos to eat. Nice bathroom. The living room is a good size so there could be a tv for movies, and lots of room to play. Then the closed porch could also be set up for something, maybe arts & crafts or something? The house is on a quiet street and easy to get to. Here's the catch though, am I willing to have my days completely filled with children? My kids can be hard enough, but then add other peoples kids too? I have a few stay at home mom friends that may or may not be interested in helping by being one of the sitters. This is all very premature, but it sorta has me excited! Also, I'm 1/2 way done with completing my RN degree, so eventually I could work as an RN and also own this daycare.... lots to think about, what do you guys think?
And, am I ready to have my days filled like this????


6 comments:

Nicole said...

I babysit at my apt. a little boy and it can be stressful at times..but I think you could do it..

Thanks for my birthday wishes!

ReRe said...

that sounds like a good idea! God knows parents need more GOOD daycares! go for it -- if you want to!

Anonymous said...

You know Jodi right? You should talk to her, I think this is something maybe you could partner on :)

Liz said...

Yea, you should talk to Jodi! I would bring Paityn or Brady (whenever I get pregnant, that is) to your day care half days! I say go for it. :)

Cristina said...

My mom runs a day care, and it is alot of work...but she wouldn't change it for the world. It is one of the most rewarding jobs :) Good luck!

Taryn said...

It could be profitable . . . .